Get Your Colored Pencils Out!
CPSA District Chapter 119
15th Annual Exhibition
Registration deadline extended to July 14th
A Call for Entries to all Colored Pencil Artists. Colored Pencil Society of America (CPSA) Cincinnati Area Chapter 119 will hold their 15th annual judged exhibit at the Fairfield Community Arts Center.
Guidelines and Requirements
- Any artists, 18 years or older, working in colored pencil may enter and need not be a member of the CPSA.
- Works must be original, and 80-100% colored pencil, according to CPSA International or Explore This! guidelines.
- Up to two pieces may be submitted per entry fee.
- Entry fees are $30.00 for CPSA members, and $40.00 for non-members. A check for the fee should accompany your entry form.
- Deadline to submit entry application is Tuesday, July 14th, 2020 with check made payable to: CPSA DC 119
- Artwork must be framed, ready to hang and utilize wire for hanging. No saw-toothed hangers permitted.
- Each piece must have an identification label attached to the back in the upper right hand corner.
- All art work sold will be charged a 20% commission.
- Entries must have been completed after 2017. Concept of design and execution of artwork must be solely that of the artist, completely original, no reproductions.
- Award winning pieces from previous DC119 shows are not acceptable.
- Work that was entered in last year’s show, but did not win an award, can be entered again in this show.
- Artist grants permission to DC119 and CPSA to reproduce entries for publicity purposes.
- Works are not insured. Neither CPSA DC119 nor the Venue will be held responsible for theft or liable for any damages.
Contact Kay Sorensen at Exhibition@CPSA119.org for more information or to enter.
2020 at Fairfield Community Arts Center
411 Wessel Dr. Fairfield OH 45014
Welcome to the 2020 Colored Pencil Exhibition sponsored by the local Greater Cincinnati Area Chapter 119 of the Colored Pencil Society of America. This year’s exhibition will take place the the Fairfield Community Arts Center at 411 Wessel Drive, Fairfield, Ohio, 45014.
Fairfield Community Arts Center
Original, and must be 80-100% colored pencil
Works must be original, and 80-100% colored pencil, according to CPSA International or Explore This! guidelines.
Artwork must be framed and ready to hang, utilizing wire for hanging. No sawtooth hangers permitted. Additionally, each piece must identified with a label attached to the upper right hand corner. (labels are provided on entry form) All artwork sold is subject to 20% commission. Artwork not for sale is also welcome. Entries must have been completed after 2016. Concept of design and execution of artwork must be solely that of the artist, and completely original. No reproductions please.
All Artists are welcome to participate
Any artists, 18 years or older, working in colored pencil is welcome to enter and need not be a member of the CPSA. Entry fees are $30.00 for CPSA members, and $40.00 for non-members. A check for the fee must accompany the entry form. Up to two pieces maybe submitted per entry. Tuesday, July 14th is the deadline for artists to submit with check payable to CPSA DC 119.
Artwork will be judged and awarded $150 for 1st Place, $100 for 2nd, and $75 for 3rd. Four honorable Mentions will also be awarded at $25 each.
Click here to download entry form and prospectus
Last Year’s Winners
“Amy”, by John Middick
“Cherished Things”, by Theresa Morris
“Stained Glass”, by Kay Sorenson