2023 CPSA National Convention
Airport Hotel Transportation
A local transportation company, Ven-go.com, is offering ride discounts to convention goers between Greater Cincinnati International Airport (CVG) and The Summit Hotel. The service is safe and easy to use. Ven-go provides airport shuttle service for local college students. Since our convention takes place during summer break, this provides an excellent opportunity to take advantage during a lull in their services. The cost is $55 per trip for up to three people, and only $5 per person extra for larger groups.
Things to See and Do
Look for the interactive kiosks throughout the hotel for restaurants and other activities.
When visiting Cincinnati, there are plenty of exciting things to see and do. Here are some recommendations to make the most of your visit.
- Explore the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden: This renowned zoo is known for its diverse range of animals and beautiful botanical gardens. Don’t miss the opportunity to see Fiona, the famous hippo whose preemie birth gained international fame.
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Visit the Cincinnati Museum Center: Housed in the historic Union Terminal, the Cincinnati Museum Center offers a variety of museums and exhibits. Explore the Cincinnati History Museum, the Museum of Natural History & Science, and the Duke Energy Children’s Museum.
Cincinnati Museum Center
- Take a stroll through the Cincinnati Art Museum: This world-class art museum features an extensive collection spanning over 6,000 years. Admire artworks from various cultures and periods, including Renaissance, Asian, African, and contemporary pieces. Don’t forget to use the discount in your gift bag to take advantage of the tickets for Picasso Landscapes: Out of Bounds.
Cincinnati Art Museum
- View The Genius of Water: Head to the corner of 5th & Vine in downtown Cincinnati and visit the iconic Tyler Davidson Fountain, The Genius of Water, as seen on the TV show WKRP in Cincinnati. Take in the sights and enjoy the stores that surround this hardscape plaza known as Fountain Square.
- Walk across the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge: Known as the prototype for the famous Brooklyn Bridge, this beautiful suspension bridge spans the Ohio River, connecting Cincinnati with Covington, Kentucky. It’s a great spot for a stroll and offers excellent views of the riverfront.
John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge
- Experience the vibrant Findlay Market: This historic public market is a must-visit for food lovers. Explore the bustling market stalls offering fresh produce, artisanal goods, local treats, and international cuisine. It’s a great place to immerse yourself in Cincinnati’s culinary scene.
- Catch a game at Great American Ball Park: If you’re a sports enthusiast, don’t miss the chance to watch a baseball game at Great American Ball Park, home to the Cincinnati Reds. The lively atmosphere and passionate fans make for an exciting experience. Even if there’s not a game scheduled you can enjoy the museum & gift shop.
Great American Ball Park
- Discover the Cincinnati Music Hall: This iconic venue is a must-visit for music and architecture enthusiasts. Take a guided tour or attend a performance to appreciate the grandeur of this historic building, which hosts a variety of concerts and events.
Cincinnati Music Hall
- Enjoy the beauty of Eden Park: Located near downtown, Eden Park offers a tranquil escape from the city. Explore the park’s gardens, walking trails, and the picturesque Mirror Lake. You’ll also find the Krohn Conservatory here, which showcases a stunning array of plant species.
- Take a riverboat cruise on the Ohio River: Embark on a relaxing riverboat cruise along the Ohio River. Enjoy the scenic views, learn about the city’s history, and take in the skyline from a unique perspective.
Places to Eat
Cincinnati, Ohio, known for its rich culinary heritage and vibrant food scene, is home to several renowned restaurants that have stood the test of time. These establishments have become institutions in the city, captivating locals and visitors alike with their exceptional cuisine and unique ambiance. Let’s take a journey through some of these iconic restaurants that continue to thrive in Cincinnati today.
- The Precinct: Nestled in the heart of the historic Columbia-Tusculum neighborhood, The Precinct is a beloved steakhouse that has been satisfying carnivorous cravings since 1981. Housed in a former police precinct building, this upscale eatery boasts an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. The menu features prime cuts of beef, expertly prepared seafood dishes, and a selection of delectable sides. The Precinct’s timeless charm and impeccable service have made it a go-to destination for steak enthusiasts.
- Orchids at Palm Court: Located in the Grand Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, Orchids at Palm Court has earned numerous accolades for its exquisite cuisine and stunning Art Deco setting. This AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Four Star restaurant offers a refined dining experience that combines classic and contemporary flavors. The ever-evolving menu showcases seasonal ingredients sourced from local farms, ensuring each dish is a masterpiece. Orchids at Palm Court is a must-visit for those seeking a refined culinary adventure.
- Boca: Situated in the heart of Cincinnati’s trendy Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, Boca has garnered a reputation for its innovative and artfully crafted dishes. The restaurant’s contemporary American cuisine draws inspiration from global flavors and utilizes locally sourced ingredients. With a menu that changes frequently to showcase the freshest seasonal offerings, Boca surprises and delights diners with each visit. The sleek, modern interior and warm hospitality add to the overall experience, making Boca a standout destination for food enthusiasts.
- Montgomery Inn: For more than 65 years, Montgomery Inn has been synonymous with exceptional barbecued ribs in Cincinnati. This family-owned establishment, located in Montgomery, has become a beloved local icon. The secret to their mouthwatering ribs lies in their signature sauce, a tangy, tomato-based blend that has remained unchanged since the restaurant’s inception. Montgomery Inn’s welcoming ambiance, friendly service, and finger-licking-good ribs have made it a go-to spot for comfort food lovers. Their second location, The Boathouse, is even more elegant.
- Turf Club: A unique and quirky gem in Cincinnati, Terry’s Turf Club is a burger joint that has captured the hearts and taste buds of locals. This funky establishment, situated in the city’s East End neighborhood, is known for its eclectic décor, featuring an array of vintage signs and memorabilia. However, it’s the burgers that steal the show. Terry’s offers a wide variety of inventive burger combinations, including vegetarian options, all made with high-quality ingredients. The vibrant atmosphere, coupled with the mouthwatering burgers, makes Terry’s Turf Club a must-visit for burger aficionados.
These are just a few of the many renowned restaurants that continue to thrive in Cincinnati, Ohio. Each of these establishments brings something unique to the table, combining exceptional cuisine, welcoming atmospheres, and a touch of local flavor. Whether you’re a fan of steak, fine dining, innovative cuisine, barbecue, or burgers, Cincinnati has a culinary delight waiting to satisfy your cravings.